Monday, January 26, 2009

New Form I-9 published


NEW FORM I-9 PUBLISHED ON CIS WEBSITE

The US Citizenship and Immigration Service has now posted the new Form I-9 on its website. The
new form MUST be used from 2/2/09 onwards. The major changes are:
  • Expired documents are no longer acceptable. A document containing no expiration date, such as a Social Security card, will be deemed unexpired.

  • Documents that are no longer issued by USCIS, such as the Form I-688 "Temporary Resident Card" and forms I-688A and I-688B "Employment Authorization Cards" are no longer acceptable documents.

  • The following documents are now acceptable for establishing both identity and employment authorization and have therefore been added to List A of the List of Acceptable Documents:
  1. Foreign passports containing a temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa. The pre-printed temporary I-551 notation is issued after the individual is admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident.
  2. Passports from the Federated States of Micronesia or the Republic of the Marshall Islands with a form I-94 or I-94A.

No comments:

Post a Comment