Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New system for prevailing wage determinations implemented

The Department of Labor (DOL) has implemented a new system for requesting prevailing wage determinations (PWD), starting on January 1, 2010. Starting on that date, all PWD requests ust be sent to the National Prevailing Wage and Helpdesk Center (NPWHC). This means that State Workforce Agencies will no longer accept PWDs for PERM, H-1B, H-1B1 (Chile/Singapore), E-3 (Australia) or H-2B programs.

Where to send requests
Employers or their attorneys now must request a PWD on Form ETA-9141.  Initially, the form must be send by mail or other delivery service (UPS, FedEx, etc) to:

U.S. Department of Labor ETA,
National Prevailing Wage and Helpdesk Center ,
Attn: PWD Request,
1341 G Street, NW, Suite 201,

Washington, DC 20005-3142.

DOL is implementing a system for electronic submission of PWD requests and I will report as soon as this is finalized.

PWD Results
DOL will send the PWD results by e-mail, if the requestor lists an e-mail address on the Form 9141. Otherwise, the results will be mailed.

Processing Times.
DOL will process PWDs in the order they are received. The Department recommends that applicants submit the PWDs at least 60 days before they are needed, e.g. before recruitment starts for PERM.

DOL FAQs on the new system are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment